Each month, Life Science Across the Globe highlights scientific and societal topics of global importance, allowing you to meet some of the world’s most creative scientists and scholars, and to appreciate that science is a shared global effort.
These virtual meetings will feature seminars and panel discussions about research and global scientific culture from speakers around the world. They will be open to everyone in the scientific community and will stimulate lively discussion.
Each event will also be recorded and available on the Janelia YouTube Channel.
All talks are 9:00-10:30 a.m. ET time
Click here to watch | Zoom Webinar Information ID: 958 5951 7201 Passcode: 489171
(Click on the dates for more information.)
- Michael Summers, HHMI/University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), US
- Freeman Hrabowski, President, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), US
- Mamokgethi Phakeng, Vice-Chancellor, University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa
- Ramakrishna Ramaswamy, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi ( IIT-Delhi), India.
- Sonajharia Minz, Vice-Chancellor, Sido Kanhu Murmu University (SKMU), India
Moderated by: Kenneth Gibbs, National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS), US
- Thomas Cech, HHMI/University of Colorado Boulder, US
- Xiaohua Shen, Tsinghua-Peking Centre For Life Sciences (CLS), China
- Narry Kim, Institute for Basic Science and Seoul National University, Korea
Moderated by: Edith Heard, EMBL, Germany
- Himla Soodyall, Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf), South Africa
- K. Thangaraj, Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnosis (CDFD), India.
- David Reich, HHMI/Harvard Medical School, US
Moderated by: Sarah Tishkoff, University of Pennsylvania (UPenn), US
- Linda-Gail Bekker, Desmond Tutu HIV Centre, University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa
- Thumbi Ndung'u, Deputy Director of Science, Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI), South Africa
- Sharon Lewin, Director, Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, Australia
Moderated by: Robert Siliciano, Professor and HHMI Investigator, Johns Hopkins University, US
- Luis Herrera-Estrella, Director, Institute of Genomics for Crop Abiotic Stress Tolerance (IGCAST), US
- Sandra Díaz, Professor, CONICET - National University of Córdoba, Argentina
- Dame Caroline Dean, Royal Society Professor, John Innes Centre, UK
Moderated by: Jonathan Jones, Group Leader, The Sainsbury Laboratory, UK
- Anthony Zador, Professor, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, US
- Grace Lindsay, SWC-Gatsby Research Fellow, University College London, UK
- Moritz Helmstaedter, Director, Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Germany
Moderated by: Greg Jefferis, Programme Leader, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, UK
Speakers and moderator: TBA